Personalized Diabetes Education / Lifestyle Medicine Classes in Olympia
At Shawna Purcell, MD in Olympia, Washington, we offer comprehensive and personalized lifestyle medicine classes for patients dealing with diabetes and metabolic syndrome. Our diabetes education classes are run by our registered dietitians and certified diabetes educator, and offer insight and guidance in the following areas:
- Type 1 and 2 diabetes
- Metabolic syndrome & medical weight loss / management
- Gestational diabetes
In addition, we are now offering group classes with our Registered Dietitians. Classes will be a short education and an open discussion where we can answer your questions.
Classes are $25, cash payment due at the time of service.
These classes are perfect for those without MNT (dietitian benefits), or for those who want a little more education, a great discussion, and support from other patients just like you!
Call today for a schedule of the following classes:
- Managing the grocery store
- Ways to stay accountable
- Eating out (while on a low carb diet plan)
- Mindful eating
- Setting goals for success
- Recipes ideas (Bring recipes to share)
- Let’s get moving with exercise (Bring your bands!)
- Importance of sleep