Type 1 & 2 Diabetes Classes & Programs in Olympia
What are type 1 & 2 diabetes classes?
Type 1 and type 2 diabetes educational classes at Shawna Purcell, MD are individual or small group informative sessions designed for patients with type 1 diabetes or type 2 diabetes, as well as their loved ones. Classes are personalized to the unique needs of our patients and include various topics related to diabetes management. Our primary goal of offering these classes is to provide patients with the guidance, structure and strategies needed to control their diabetes and weight. Our diabetes education services are run by our team of dedicated diabetes healthcare providers, which includes a certified diabetes educator and registered dietitians.
What can I expect to learn during type 1 & 2 diabetes education classes?
Daily life as a diabetic can feel complicated and stressful when you do not have the knowledge and strategies needed to manage the condition. Our diabetes specialists offer type 1 and 2 diabetes classes that empower you to feel confident and capable of managing your disease on a daily basis.
Our program offers personalized diabetes education designed to:
- Improve each patient’s ability to self-manage his or her diabetes
- Establish and follow a personal diabetes treatment and lifestyle plan
- Teach patients how to choose the best foods for their lifestyle plan
- Master carbohydrate counting and glucose measuring
- Inform patients about their treatment options and the available tools to manage insulin levels, such as an insulin pump or continuous glucose monitoring sensor
What are the advantages of taking type 1 & 2 diabetes classes?
Advantages of attending our personalized diabetes courses for type 1 and 2 diabetes include:
- Acquire the tools and knowledge needed to self-manage your diabetes
- Learn about new technologies and treatment options to better manage your condition
- Receive personalized, expert guidance on a number of topics, including any personal questions or interests
If you or a loved one has type 1 or type 2 diabetes and you want to learn more about our diabetes education classes, the first step is to contact Shawna Purcell, MD, Diabetes & Weight Loss Center in Olympia, Washington. Our clinic is home to a team of medical experts with extensive background in diabetes and weight loss services. Call 360-596-4614 today or fill out the form on this page to schedule an appointment now.