Weight Loss & Nutritional Coaching in Olympia
At Shawna Purcell, MD, Diabetes & Weight Loss Center in Olympia, Washington, we provide patients with the guidance, structure and strategies needed to control their weight and reduce the health risks of conditions such as metabolic syndrome, type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes. Our team of dedicated weight loss and metabolic specialists includes an internal medicine physician, advanced registered nurse practitioner, registered dietitians and certified diabetes educator. We are committed to helping you improve your health with personalized exercise programs and nutritional counseling.
What is a personalized exercise program?
Exercise, along with diet, is a key element to weight loss and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. But getting started with a new fitness routine can be overwhelming. At Shawna Purcell, MD we take the guesswork and confusion out of exercise as part of your comprehensive weight loss program. Our weight loss specialists will work with you to lay out a detailed and structured plan, which includes descriptions of when to work out, what activities to do, and for how long. Each exercise plan is tailored to fit the unique needs and preferences of each patient and modified over time, as needed.
Along with a custom exercise program, patients of Shawna Purcell, MD also have access to tools that monitor progress and help you stay on track with your routine, including the InBody body composition analyzer and weight loss management classes.
What goals can a personalized exercise plan help to achieve?
Exercise programs can be tailored to target specific goals that may include:
- Losing weight
- Gaining muscle
- Promoting healthier aging
- Supplementing other weight loss programs and treatments, including nutritional counseling and weight loss supplements
What are the advantages of using a personalized exercise program?
When an exercise program is developed to meet your unique needs and lifestyle and the plan is followed as directed, it can provide the following benefits:
- Encourages regular exercise, guided by detailed instruction
- Assists with both short-term and long-term fitness planning
- Helps overcome exercise obstacles, such as lack of time or motivation
- Eases the difficulty of tracking progress and the measurable results of exercise, especially when used in conjunction with the InBody body composition analyzer
What is personalized nutritional counseling?
Nutritional coaching is another key element to weight loss and maintaining a healthy lifestyle, often used in combination with a personalized exercise program. Nutritional coaching involves meeting with a registered dietitian who can make recommendations for daily food intake based on your current nutrition, weight loss goals, personal preferences and any other health conditions, such as type 1 diabetes, type 2 diabetes, metabolic syndrome, gestational diabetes and more. With nutritional coaching, patients will regularly be seen by our registered dietitians in order to track progress, assess individual dietary needs, and make any necessary changes.
What goals can nutritional counseling help to achieve?
Nutritional counseling can be tailored to target specific goals that may include:
- Losing weight
- Promoting healthier eating habits
- Increasing your energy level
- Obtaining eating habits in order to effectively manage medical conditions such as type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes
- Supplementing other weight loss programs and treatments, including exercise programs and weight loss supplements
What are the advantages of personalized nutritional counseling?
Nutritional plans that are tailored to meet each patient’s unique needs, lifestyle and preferences can provide the following benefits when followed as directed:
- Encourages healthier eating habits
- Assists you with making sustainable, long-term dietary changes
- Increases energy and nutrient intake to support immune system health and performance
- Helps you overcome obstacles for healthy eating, such as lack of time or motivation
- Eases the difficulty of tracking progress and the measurable results of diet changes
- Helps you achieve weight loss results faster than with exercise alone
Why should I visit Shawna Purcell, MD for my weight loss program?
At Shawna Purcell, MD, our comprehensive weight loss plans with personalized exercise programs and nutritional counseling provide the following benefits:
- Guidance and support from medical weight loss experts
- Personalized plans that are custom-fit to your body and health needs
- Continuous monitoring of progress by medical professionals
If you are struggling to lose weight or suffering from weight-related heath issues, it is important to see a doctor who specializes in medical weight loss programs in order to access the tools and guidance needed to lose weight safely and effectively. Shawna Purcell, MD is home to a team of medical experts with extensive experience in weight loss programs, including programs for patients with metabolic syndrome and diabetes. Call 360-596-4614 today or fill out the form on this page to schedule an appointment now.